Here are just a few particular examples of the use of technology:
- displaying content that is updated periodically (interactive maps);
- creation of high-quality animation and graphic objects in 2D/3D format;
- the option to scroll video in the media player.
The user will need to know the basics of HTML and CSS to understand the language itself.
- to store some data in variables;
- to activate part of the code according to certain scenarios that are implemented on the site page;
- to create content that is updated automatically;
- to manage multimedia capabilities (work with video, animate images).
Just a few lines of script code do amazing things. That's why the language is so popular among developers.
What is API?
API are ready-made code modules that help the programmer to implement some complex tasks. Usually such "models" are divided into browser and API third-party developers.
Browser APIs include:
- The DOM API (Document Object Model)
- Geolocation modules
- Canvas and WebGL API
- Audio and Video API
Third-party interfaces include, for example, the social networking API Twitter and Facebook.
When we load a page in a browser, HTML and CSS are first processed. And JS is loading after that.
However, the language does not contain some useful tools. There is no:
- The standard library
- Standard interfaces for working with servers and databases
- Systems for managing packages.
- AJAX are scripts, which used in this well-known approach, which involves the asynchronous exchange of data between the user's browser and server resources.
- Comet is the way web applications work, when the server sends data to the browser without additional requests during the HTTP connection.
- Browser OS - the code of some browser operating systems predominantly (sometimes more than 75%) consists of scripts.
- Browser scripts are program modules that are written in this language and give a lot of opportunities (autocomplete forms, changing the page format, hiding unwanted content, adding interactive elements on the pages).
- Server applications are code snippets that run on the server side where Java 6 is used.
- Widgets are various mini-programs that are used in the workspace and are very convenient.
- Applied software are object-oriented language, which is used in the creation of individual applications, including simple games.