Drupal is a content management system that provides unlimited opportunities for creating sites of any complexity. It is distributed free of charge with the source code under the GPL license. CMS Drupal is developed on the basis of PHP language and uses a connection to MySQL databases. Its use as a platform for a set of web applications is another common application of the engine.
The use of a modular system in Drupal makes it possible to significantly simplify the development of the site, its further changes and work with updating the content. A wide range of ready-made themes allows you to realize almost any design of the site.
A set of Drupal software tools makes it possible to work with site content even for beginners. Owners of web resources will be able to independently publish, modify and structure content on their project. It is much more convenient and easier to use this engine than hiring a team of developers to create a web resource from scratch.
If you Use CMS Drupal, you will receive the following:
- System with flexible settings and scaling options
- A large community of users and developers, who can be always contacted for competent help
- Hundreds of plug-ins and modules that extend the internal functionality of CMS
- Quality work of the data caching system
- Convenient and functional search engine system.
What types of sites allows you to implement Drupal
Nowadays, most sites use the WordPress system, which is far from ideal in some aspects of the work. Drupal surpasses WP in many ways and is undeservedly deprived of developers' attention.
On Drupal you can create:
- Blog. In this case, all the functionality will be available "out of the box" and will not need to use the plug-ins that affect the speed of work.
- Forum. A universal solution with more settings than in WP.
- Online store. You can sell not only standard products, but also, for example, content at the same time. A lot of payment modules, a developed bonus system and the introduction of affiliate marketing.
- Social network. CMS resources will allow you to implement even something like a simplified version of Facebook.
- Large portal. The engine will cope with the implementation of large projects of any complexity and subject.
In this case, just like in WordPress, you do not need to work with the code, all parameters are set in the admin panel. CMS will provide a high degree of integration of parts of the web resource and will link its individual units into a single, high-quality service.
Administration panel view:
Technical features of work
The engine is popular because of its ability to withstand high loads. Although you will need to buy mid-level hosting, nothing super-dimensional will be needed. It is easy to configure caching and customize the design of even external templates.
CMS Drupal is compatible with popular technologies, including jQuery and AJAX. Therefore, it has a wide range of tools for working with multimedia (images and video) and improving design. Also it supports convenient work with scripts, especially in the aspect of content processing.
Multilanguage allows you to easily configure and run the site in several languages.
The most useful feature of the engine is the support of multi-domains. If you Use one software environment, you can set a lot of domains (sites) with identical content, and then change it at your own discretion. The main advantage is that updating modules will be centralized on all web-resources. You get a space saving on the server and do not need to monitor the relevance of the software status on each individual project.
The content management system is well protected and it is not very easy to crack.
Search Engine Optimization and Promotion
CMS Drupal perfectly interacts with search engines of Google and Yandex, as well as less popular. It can set URLs, meta tags and other important components of the internal optimization of the site.
The engine supports integration with popular statistics systems and contains ready-made modules for working with advertisement units.
In addition, there are tools for cross-hosting in popular social networks and blogging platforms.
Main advantages of Drupal:
- You can create a reliable and secure website if you use Drupal CMS
- The website under the control of the engine is unique, both design and interior architecture.
- The system involves the implementation of different levels of user access to data
- The functionality of Drupal makes it relatively easy to create a large multilingual and multi-domain project.
- The framework is distinguished by a quality caching system and a well-optimized internal search on the site
- The Drupal platform runs on a modular basis and provides extensive functionality
- Drupal is a universal CMS, which provides a comfortable work not only for programmers, but also for experienced users.
The specialists of our company will help to improve your project under the management of CMS Drupal. We provide services to support sites on the engine and the complex development of new web resources.