One of the main tasks of working with ready-made software products is data security. Big companies create security departments which are in charge of preventing corporate information leaks, fighting against virus attacks, and optimizing the work of the software.
There is no ideal software; the longer it is used, the more holes and vulnerabilities are detected. Professional hackers can exploit a malfunction and, as a result, the business loses important resources and suffers losses.
It is not only large corporations that are committed to improving their software. If you have a small online shop or other projects, virus infection can have catastrophic consequences for the business. A website may disappear from the search engine index or be sanctioned, and you will lose traffic. Your customers’ important personal and payment data can be stolen.
Representatives of small and medium-sized businesses rarely take care of their web resources security. If a site is created on one of the popular CMS, then one day you can face an unpleasant surprise. Therefore, regular software testing for malicious code is that minimum which you can do to secure your business on the network.
Main security threats on the network
Cybersecurity specialists mark out the following IT infrastructure threats:
- Viruses, i.e. malicious software infecting computer programs and affecting web-projects
- Spyware, i.e. trojans and worms expropriating data
- Adware aimed to gain a part of traffic and make money with advertising
- Spam, i.e. annoying mailout that can undermine the company's reputation
- Phishing attacks and spoofs of the main pages of popular services - fraudulent schemes that are aimed at stealing users’ personal data or resources
- Social engineering.
Threats may have a different origin and if your website doesn’t work properly it’s not necessarily the developers’ fault. Incompetent contractors or even users’ action may lead to virus infection.
A malicious algorithm may paralyze the system and lead to information leakage and material losses. In practice, disclaimer of security results in serious loss of time and money.
Main purposes of security protection
Main tasks of information security system are as follows:
- To provide safe information access for all the authorized on the web resource users and make it possible to obtain necessary information resources quickly and easily;
- To guarantee information integrity and inviolability. Data should be protected from the third party intrusion and unauthorized access. It is necessary to introduce mechanisms for making it impossible to destroy or substitute them.
- To provide high standards of users’ personal data and payment details confidentiality, and virtual money protection.
Main means and tools to improve security
The steps to ensure the high protection of information and other important resources are as follows: firstly, to set proper security policy with the relevant documentation, and, secondly, to introduce reliable technical means of protection.
The first item is provided by the company itself when the second one is undertaken by the appropriate software. Among these are:
- Firewalls. They divide a large network into parts and prevent malicious acts.
- Antivirus software. It is better to run two or more antivirus programs.
- Intrusion Detection Systems, IDS. They identify actions that could potentially damage both the infrastructure and the system.
- Means of access control and information security. They should limit the users’ rights, but at the same time avoid creating unnecessary complication when operated at.
Astwellsoft security and safety services
We both develop software and provide our customers with constant quality support. Information security is also the case.
The company specialists know the potential threats and repercussions from any actions of intruders. Therefore, we offer a wide range of security services for business projects on the Internet.
Our services in improving security can be divided into four blocks:
1. Advanced analytics
The first step to provide security is a thorough check of software means and tools. Therefore, we offer a full-fledged audit, including a security analysis.
The complex of our analytical operations includes:
- Expertise in the field of technological safety
- Audit of the resumption of the system after a third-party intrusion (a crash)
- Detailed report after the system testing for threats
2. Operational security
We react quickly to any interruptions and potential “holes” in the system operation and eliminate them at the first opportunity.
Operational security covers:
• Backend processes
• Policy and rules for the operation of the system
3. Infrastructure Security
We undertake effective work against viruses and spyware. The great applied experience leaves getting rid of malicious programs without adverse effects.
In doing so, we:
- Analyze external factors
- Restore your network protection
4. Improving program security
We will ensure the high protection of your program code from any unauthorized intrusions.
For this we produce:
- Software source code security audit
- Analysis of the software development lifecycle
- Training on software security.
Our methods deserve special attention. We use advanced cryptographic technologies to store, exchange and track the logs data.
If you have any problems related to the security of your online business, save your time. The faster you turn to professionals, the more energy, time and money, you will save later.