PrestaShop is an open source content management system designed to create online stores. CMS is created on the Symfony framework and written in PHP, it uses the MySQL technology in its work.
In 2010 and 2011, the engine was awarded the prestigious Best Open-Source Business Application in the nomination of the best web application for creating online stores.
Web-resources developed under the management of CMS PrestaShop have all the necessary functionality for the effective operation of the online store. The admin panel has a user-friendly interface, it makes it easy to add new products and pages to the site. Thanks to the presence in the content management system of ready-made templates and modules, pasting on PrestaShop is a convenient process.
PrestaShop in figures
The engine is intended primarily for targeted use on the sites of small and medium-sized businesses. Developers have here more than 300 different functions. PrestaShop works on more than 60 different languages and supports the Russian language interface. In total, the software platform uses almost 150 000 commercial sites. According to statistics, a daily distribution with engine files downloads more than 1500 users.
Nowadays, more than 100 employees work on improving the system, and PrestaShop Community counts more than half a million people.
Users actively communicate in an official forum where you can get high-quality support and useful information. And the official site of the platform contains a training section with a lot of interactive materials.
Functionality and main features of CMS PrestaShop
PrestaShop is not very demanding to server resources, which makes it possible to use it even for small sites. It requires a server version of PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5 (or more), as well as Nginx.
The main functionality of the platform are:
- Installation of free templates and extensions
- Rating system of goods valuation by buyers
- Detailed pricing (with discounts, taxes, etc.)
- Convenient work with text and graphic content
- A lot of sorting methods and filters (relevance, price, brand)
- Accessibility of integration of different forms of payment and ways of delivery of goods
- A large set of statistical tools about buyers and sales
- Ability to use visualization tools GD, Flash, Silverlight, SWF-graphics
- Eight interface languages are available, and additional packages are easy to download immediately after installation
- Comfortable work with currency transactions and conversion.
PrestaShop supports modern security protocols and encode user data. The system provides reserved backup of data and the expansion of functionality through the introduction of additional software modules.
It is also very convenient for users, as it provides setting up of notifications and comfortable use of a personal cabinet.
The administration panel of the PrestaShop store looks like this:
The main advantages of PrestaShop
- It is easy to learn and fast to work with PrestaShop content management system.
- In addition to standard payment methods, payment is also available through bank accounts (by transfer, check and cash)
- The software environment allows you to generate trading channels on other popular platforms, including Google Shopping, Amazon and eBay.
- It is easy to sort and filter products based on various criteria on the site with PrestaShop.
- Additional modules and design templates for PrestaShop allow you to extend the functionality of the site.
- The CMS has a large set of user-friendly features, including notifications and the ability to leave feedback.
Our specialists are ready to help you if there are any difficulties in the work and configuration of CMS PrestaShop. We can advise you or take care of your project.